Links

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sat Aug 22 02:37:31 CDT 2015

On 8/21/15, 9:40 PM, "Mark Schonewille" <m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com>
wrote:

Hi Mark,

> Thanks Ruslan. UPSERT really isn't something I could have thought of
> myself and no matter what I entered in my fav search engine, I didn't
> get to see this command. There really is no way to go to the Valentina
> website and find what you need. It looks like UPSERT may be it.

I do not understand what you are talking about :-(

In Google you do search "UPSERT"

UPSERT - PostgreSQL wiki
Merge (SQL) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Use Upsert to insert or update a record - MSDN - Microsoft

UPSERT this is UPdate + inSERT

This is NOT name of SQL command.

In mySQL UPSERT is implemented as
  ³INSERT Š ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE²

In Google you can find talks about UPSERT, and you canfind that MERGE
command is more powerful way for this.

In Valentina 6.0 (I underline in 6.0, not in release 5.8)
We have implement both
  * mySQL simple way --³INSERT Š ON DUPLICATE KEY UPDATE²
  * MERGE - more powerful way.

Syntax of command follow to SQL2003 standard and some extension from MS SQL.
   http://goo.gl/FbDYcO

> If I click on the diagram tab, I get something that looks like pages in
> landscape format. These pages contain thumbnails of something that looks
> like tables. If I click on that, I get an empty canvas.
>
> I can see a list of links in the list tab. It shows me there are 9 links
> and for each link I can see two columns. It is useful to know that I can
> see a list of all links, but it doesn't tell me why I can't insert any
> records into the small table (table2).
>
> Is there anything I can do to produce an error message that just tells
> me what's wrong?

Mark,

On some reason you have not clear problems where they should not be.

May be for you better get from us paid support?
When we can consider your database sent to us,
Or even by TeamViewer consider it on your computer and what what you are
doing and how.

----
You can try also check this Video about Valentina Studio, it show work with
diagrams

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wAd1IrwKAs

-----
Also you can check WIKI pages about Diagrams:

http://www.valentina-db.com/docs/dokuwiki/v5/doku.php?id=valentina:products:
vstudio:help:schema_editor:diagram_view:diagram_view