ObjectPtr Problems - Difference between ClassWay and API

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Tue Apr 21 03:27:39 CDT 2015

On 4/20/15, 4:35 PM, "Karl Grob" <kgrob at mus.ch> wrote:

> Hi

I just found out that

ptrKlassen = CreateObjectPtrField("ptrKlassen",
> myDB.tblKlassen, EVOnDelete.kSetNull, EVFlag.fNone,
> "linkKlassenSchueler1M“)

works, but

ptrKlassen = new
> VObjectPtr("ptrKlassen", myDB.tblKlassen, EVOnDelete.kSetNull, EVFlag.fNone,
> "linkKlassenSchueler1M“)

does not.

API-Style gives me the Field in Valentina
> Studio, Class-Style does not give me the field and the child-Table is not
> „me“. The Link is created, but wrong.

Best regards
Karl

Hi Karl,

===========  Mantis Info =====================
It is better to report such issue(s) into Mantis - our bug tracker.
       <http://valentina-db.com/bt/>

Why it is better? Described in these FAQs:

<http://www.valentina-db.com/docs/dokuwiki/v5/doku.php?id=valentina:faqs:vbu
gs>

* Each separate issue report into separate issue report.

* If you have database or project then attach it compressed to the report.
    you can put up to 250Kb archives.
* Provide in the report as many detailed info as you can: OS, version,
locale, ….
* If possible, please provide exact steps how to reproduce problem.

Let me express one guess at first.

1) At moment when you define this ObjectPtr in the class-way code,
Does Target table already defined ?

2) also you can check V4RB log file to see if any troubles reported there...