EVValueAccess.forAdd parameter question

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com
Wed Oct 29 04:19:51 CDT 2014

On Oct 29, 2014, at 10:35, François Van Lerberghe <frvanlerberghe at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> What's the exact scope of the EVValueAccess.forAdd parameter used with
> VCursor.SetBlank ?
>
> The wiki say "Valentina will not save copies of previous field values."
>
> Is this statement valid for the whole life of VCursor or only for the next
> command (Vcursor.AddRecord for example).
>
> In other words, may I
> - create a Vcursor with several fields
> - use setBlank with this EVValueAccess.forAdd  parameter
> - Add some records
> - Go to some records (Vcursor.Position = n)
> - and finally, update *one* field of one or several records of this Vcursor
> ?

I sent prev. letter too quickly...
SetBlank() always prepare "empty/default" record buffer.
But in case of "forUpdate" we do some extra steps internally to be able to "rollback" record's values in case of errors during updateRecord.

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer
Paradigma Software, Inc
Valentina - The Ultra-Fast Database