V5RB - Phantom records in index

Steve Albin steve at steve-albin.com
Sun Oct 19 08:20:26 CDT 2014

Sorry for not including version.  I'm using version 5.5.5 for Xojo.  This is strictly a local version, no client server.

I converted my app to only use object pointers.  In previous versions, I created my own foreign keys and used the object pointers. It was an old app and at the time I developed it, quite frankly, I didn't quite understand the use of object pointers so I created my own foreign keys as well as the object pointers, but only retrieved records using the foreign keys.

I only have a few dozen users for my app, but all of them but one are successful using it.  This one user is running into the problem with phantom records, but he does things very unconventionally.  He is one of those users that finds ways to use your app that you never thought of.  (This is normally good!)

I would have entered this in Mantis, but I don't think it is a Valentina bug.  You mention deletions so I'm going to look at that.

Thanks,
Steve

--
Steve Albin, Montclair, NJ