V5RB - Phantom records in index

Steve Albin steve at steve-albin.com
Sat Oct 18 22:30:11 CDT 2014

For some SQL queries, I am getting repeats of the same records in the cursor.  When I view the database using VStudio, I can see that there is only one record, but 5 of them will be returned in the cursor.

I don't think this is a bug in Valentina or my SQL.  But I do a diagnose on the database and for one field involved the query, I have a problem where diagnose says there are 4,848 phantom records in the index.

So, I believe I have an error in my app somewhere when I create these records.  My problem is that I'm not seeing it.

Is there something specific I can look for that creates phantom index records?  What is a "phantom" index record?

--
Steve Albin, Montclair, NJ
http://www.steve-albin.com