Organizing Forums

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Mon Mar 31 09:58:51 CDT 2014

> I personally think having an active forum will help increase
> Valentina sales. I'm always more inclined to purchase when I
> can see an active user base. There is so little traffic on
> the mailing list, I've wondered if there are many using it.

I agree we should have forums. I guess the question we have to address is
how to organize them around our product infrastructure.

For example, some products like Studio stand alone easily enough. But then
we have DB ADK, Reports ADK, and Server. The ADKs (and Server, for that
matter) all have specific implementations by language / technology. So would
it then be better to organize them by language / technology (C++,
Objective-C, Xojo, Director, Livecode, etc), or by product group (DB ADK,
Reports ADK, Server)?

What do you all think? Pros and cons?

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks