Problems with loading an xml dump

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Fri Jan 31 07:04:47 CST 2014

Valentina these days wants to annoy me. There is a second, really puzzling behavior.

As a result of the index troubles I have one customer who wanted to do a dump and then load it. First he had problems with getting the dump recognized as dump file. Then he sent me an error message “Database xxx doesn’t exist”.

I tried to reproduce his issue and get the same behavior.

- Created a dump in xml format.
- Loaded the dump with my application. New database was created.
- Got error message “Database xxx doesn’t exist. when trying to open the database.”
- Tried again, same message.
- Tried again, “Database opened by another app.” WTF?
- Did something else.
- Tried again after a few minutes. Now everything is okay.

Then I did everything again from the beginning with the same result.

Like the DateFormat this is simple, ages old code. Has anyone else seen this? Will do some more investigating.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: The email archiving solution for professionals