DateFormat?

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Fri Jan 31 06:55:11 CST 2014

Hi guys,

can you refresh my memory how database.DateFormat is supposed to work. I’ve got some very old code

Private Function getDateFormat() As integer

  'get the order of the date with d, m and y

  dim DateFormat as Integer

  'make a date
  dim theDate as new Date
  theDate.Year = 2017
  theDate.Month = 10
  theDate.Day = 31

  'make a short date of of the date and look up where the parts ended up
  dim shortDate as string = theDate.ShortDate
  if Left(shortDate, 2) = "17" or Left(shortDate, 4) = "2017" then
    DateFormat = 2
  ElseIf Left(shortDate, 2) = "31" then
    DateFormat = 1
  ElseIf Left(shortDate, 2) = "10" then
    DateFormat = 0
  End if

  Return DateFormat

End Function

to get the format for the date. This is used like follows:

ValentinaDB.DateFormat = getDateFormat

I’m using German dates so this makes 31.10.2017. Why does this produce a DateFormat according to ValentinaStudio of MMDDYYYY? The problem is exactly the same with the DateSeparator. ValentinaStudio shows “/“. But I use “.”. In normal usage of Valentina this is not an issue but may cause problems with loading dumps which aren’t recognized.

Mac OS 10.9, language set to english, but using German date and number settings.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: The email archiving solution for professionals