vdbs destroyed because of out-of-memory

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Wed Jan 8 01:02:06 CST 2014

Before 4.9 when I developed my app the data was usually toast after a few sessions. Since 5.0 this has decreased significantly so I think it’s a great feature. Corrupt data happens now very very rarely. Even when outright crashing the database every couple of minutes.

Now the only big problem are customers who can’t read. I’ve had to add a really obvious message:

    "The last time the archive """ + theFolderitem.Name + """ was opened it wasn't quit properly! During opening the archive the integrity of the data will be checked. This may take some time." + EndOfLine.Macintosh + "DON'T QUIT Mail Archiver!")
  end if

But some customers just click okay here without reading and then complain that the app hangs. But I can see this in the session logs.

And I still need to have a look at the index problem again.

On 08.01.2014, at 07:46, Ruslan Zasukhin <ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com> wrote:

> On 1/7/14, 2:45 PM, "Thomas Flemming" <tf at qvgps.com> wrote:
>
>> We are planning the new major release of our software and to be honest, we are
>> considering to move to MySql or MariaDb, just because of too much trouble with
>> destroyed vdbs.
>> Stability is just the most important thing!
>
> That's why into 5.0 was added journaling.
> This was significant improvement.
>
> You can take 5.0, write simple example or complex example, with loop of
> inserts, and try to get damaged db in 5.0.
>
> Some developers told they was not able

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: The email archiving solution for professionals