hh:mm:ss Format

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Wed Feb 19 13:53:23 CST 2014

On 2/19/14, 7:58 PM, "Bart Cocke" <> wrote:

Hi Bart,

I will CC answer to Valentina list for archive.

> We are working on a series of VStudio reports that will show a time fields
> in the format hhhh:mm:ss (hours, minutes, seconds).  The data is stored as
> an integer representing seconds.  So for example 3942 seconds should be
> formatted as 1:05:42.  Also one there is summary information that sums many
> time records that could be much larger than 24 hours.  So we could have
> 783,801 seconds that needs to be formatted as 217:43:21.  (We are
> accumulating the amount of exercise in seconds that a PE class accumulates
> over a given period of time.)

> This can be done in Excel by dividing the seconds by 86,400 (seconds in a
> day) and using the custom format [h]:mm:ss.  I see that you have custom
> formatting, but I just couldn't figure out how to use it.

Very easy.

Look on this powerful feature of Valentina Reports -- FORMATTING

<http://www.valentina-db.com/docs/dokuwiki/v5/doku.php?id=valentina:products
:vstudio:help:report_editor:formatting:formatting>

In this section, go down to Number Formatting
And note

RuleBasedDuration ­ format, that represents data as duration in seconds as
hours, minutes, and seconds (123 is ³2:03²).

So it is enough:
    for your SUMMARY control  In the inspector specify this format.
    Choose it in the KIND menu.