Problems with loading an xml dump

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Sun Feb 2 03:11:21 CST 2014

Sigh… Was that communicated somewhere?

The SQL dump has exactly the same issue that the XML dump has with the date format. I never use MDY and my date separator is never “/“. See start of SQL file below.

Anyhow, when loading the SQL dump I get EXACTLY the same error message “database doesn’t exist” as with the XML dump. And one debug session later I can open the database.

Later: solved the problem. After loading the dump I gave the reference of the database to my normal database opening routine. After closing the database at the end of loading the dump the opening works fine. Your error messages are beyond sub-optimal. They are totally misleading. Is a simple “You can’t open a database that is already open” instead of “database doesn’t exist” really too much?

Start of SQL dump:

CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS [Mail Archive] WITH
SET PROPERTY
	[Mode],
	[IdentsCaseSensitive],
	[SegmentSize],
	[SchemaVersion],
	[DateTimeFormat],
	[DateSeparator],
	[TimeSeparator],
	[LocaleName],
	[StorageEncoding],
	[FrenchCollation],
	[AlternateHandling],
	[CaseFirst],
	[CaseLevel],
	[NormalizationMode],
	[Strength],
	[HiraganaQuaternaryMode],
	[NumericCollation]
of DATABASE  TO
	'kDscDatBlbInd',
	false,
	32768,
	16,
	'kMDY',
	'/',
	':',
	'EN_us',
	'UTF-16',
	'kOff',
	'kNonIgnorable',
	'kLowerFirst',
	'kOff',
	'kOff',
	'kSecondary',
	'kOff',
	'kOff';

On 31.01.2014, at 21:43, Ruslan Zasukhin <ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com> wrote:

> On 1/31/14, 3:04 PM, "Beatrix Willius" <bwillius at gmx.de> wrote:
>
>> Valentina these days wants to annoy me. There is a second, really puzzling
>> behavior.
>
> Hi Beatrix,
>
> Well, please avoid to use XML dump.
>
> We have decide to claim it to be deprecated.
> We will not continue develop it for future,
> And with time we will drop it from API.
>

> Use SQL dumps instead.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: The email archiving solution for professionals