New Paradigma Website; Your Feedback Wanted

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Tue Dec 16 01:52:41 CST 2014

On 12/16/14, 7:17 AM, "Beatrix Willius from Moth Software"
<mail at beatrixwillius.de> wrote:

Hi Beatrix,

> Looks very nice. Didn't feel up to go through registration.

The relatively
> unclear website has always been the result of the confusing terminology that
> Valentina uses. This is reflected again in the new website. The categories are
> Studio, Server and Developer. The latter has categories: Database for
> applications, Reports for applications, Server for distributions. Eh what?

> What is the difference to the main Server category? I never got the reason for
> the name "Office Server". It's used for in-house applications, why not call it
> this way?

Well, about VServer Editions

In the past we did have few
    * Valentina Free Server
    * Valentina Office Server
    * Valentina Embedded Server

Now we have drop Office in name, and have

    * Valentina Server with Free option
    * Valentina Embedded Server

We have single installer, which installs
    VServer folder.

2) I do not see difference between in-house and Office btw.
    Just Office is more business style, for small business.

3) what is the difference to main category ...
    Good question, Lynn, may be the first sentence on Developer -> Server
    should answer this :)

Usually, e.g. On mySQL site you can find
    mySQL Server

And in some separate menu / section
        OEM Server  or Embedded Server.

This is very standard practic for DBMS servers.

4) May be you mean that we should not at all expose
    such VServer into top menu?
    And only expose this in prices of VServer?

Although we use name "Embedded Server" in docs, because it requires special
steps ...