Substring

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com
Sat Dec 13 03:14:55 CST 2014

On Dec 13, 2014, at 3:26, Mark Schonewille <m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com> wrote:

> Thanks Ivan,
>
> Substr is what I ended up using. LEFT SUBSTR and RIGHT together let me do what I need.
>
> The interactive help is probably the autocomplete menu that appears all the time. How do I turn this off?

I'm not sure is it possible or not for now.
BTW, you may report it to the Mantis.

> If I select something from the autocomplete menu, I don't get any sample arguments, which makes it difficult to figure out how to use a function.

In the SQL editor you can find "Functions..." button on the top. There is a short description of Valentina sql-functions.

> Do you know if there is also some off-line SQL syntax reference available for Valentina?

http://www.valentina-db.com/docs/dokuwiki/v5/doku.php?id=valentina:vcomponents:vsql:vsql

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer
Paradigma Software, Inc