Backup with diagnose fail

Fran=?ISO-8859-1?B?5w==?=ois Van Lerberghe frvanlerberghe at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 07:26:02 CST 2014

Hello,

According to the doc, we can send a sqlexecute command to the server to
backup the database.
(http://www.valentina-db.com/docs/dokuwiki/v5/doku.php?id=valentina:vcompone
nts:vsql:reference:backup)

This seems very useful as I can do a ³hot² backup.

If my SQL command is
    BACKUP DATABASE TO absolute_path
all is working well.

If I send
    BACKUP DATABASE TO absolute_path WITH DIAGNOSE
nothing happen and I can see an error in the log file :
    ³ERROR 0x66503: Database "myDB.vdb" fails on diagnose²

I¹m working with V4RB v5.6 on MacOS X 10.6.8. The client and server are on
the same machine, the server folder is in my Document folder and I do the
backup in the Desktop folder.
The permissions of the server folder is : Me:RW, Staff:RW, Everyone:R
The permissions of the server app (vserver_x64) is : Me:RW, Staff:RW,
Everyone:R
The permissions of the database folder is : Me:RW, Staff:R, Everyone:R
The permissions of the folder created by the server for the backup  is :
System:RW, Staff:R, Everyone:R

And this raise a second question : I can see that the owner of the created
backup folder is ³System², despite the fact that the owner of the server app
is Me and that the owner of the parent folder (Desktop) is Me. Thus my
client app cannot rename, move or delete this folder without admin right !
Is it the attended behavior ? I¹m I doing something wrong ?
How am I supposed rename the backup folder or delete some old backup ?

Thank you.

François Van Lerberghe
Rue Thier Monty, 15 A
4570 Marchin