[icu-support] Help please on string compare with accents

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Thu Aug 7 03:42:32 CDT 2014

This is a cool test site! Which gives interesting results.

The searches with de at the beginning search okay. The root search doesn't. If I exchange the umlaut ä with an a accent á then the root search works.

So it seems that the umlaut is seen as the original vowel for standard ICU. Which isn't okay but that's just my opinion. I'm not sure how to proceed as my customers can come from anywhere.

On 07.08.2014, at 08:02, Ruslan Zasukhin <ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com> wrote:

> Hi, By the way, you can try ICU collation using
> <http://demo.icu-project.org/icu-bin/collation.html>  - you can just use
> 'root' (und) for de_DE, it's the same.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: The email archiving solution for professionals