Installing Valentina

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Sat Aug 2 19:21:23 CDT 2014

On Sat, Aug 2, 2014 at 5:08 PM, -=>JB<=- <sundown at pacifier.com> wrote:
> I finally got it working.  The answer to my
> question about what name to use is
>
> Valentina4,v4rev.bundle

Whilst this is correct

> This needs to be manually added
> to the externals.txt file in the
> database externals folders and
> the Runtime externals folder.

This is incorrect.

I've just gone through the process to test, removed all the Valentina
files (Step 2 in my procedure mentioned in my earlier post) then ran
the 'install.rev' LiveCode Stack that is required as Step 2 as
mentioned by Ruslan and the online install procedure. After clicking
the Install button the output states:

Externals list updated successfully.

Twice, once for the database externals folder and again for the
Runtime externals folder. I then opened my lastest LC + Val stack and
it worked, so the install was successful.

When I check both newly created Externals.txt files they contain the
text you specify, so there is no need to manually do it, the
install.rev stack does it for you.

I'm on OS X 10.9.4, but it's worked this way for quite a few years
over many versions of OS X and Valentina.