Are there any known issues with 4.7 and Win 8.1 Update 1?

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Tue Apr 15 02:37:13 CDT 2014

Hello,

With V4REV 4.7 I have a customer on win 8.1 Update 1, where my LiveCode
program with a local db (no server), is crashing everytime when starting
with loading / initializing Valentina, so the program doesn't comes to
create an error log and I don't get any other informations, what happens.
Because it happens everytime, the user can't use my program and is upset.

>From time to time I have customers with this same error on all windows
platforms (XP, Vista, 7) and up to today I couldn't find out what causes
this crash (yes, I checked admin rights, anti virus programs, syslog).
Sometimes I found a too small memory, sometimes the user installed the
newest service pack and the crash was gone.

What I now would like to know

1.       Are there any known issues with 4.7 and Win 8.1? (Or do I just have
to put it to the other "unsolved cases")

2.       Has anything changed with V5.5, regarding Win 8.1? (Or wouldn't
change anything for me, regarding compatibility)

Thank you

And take care and watch out in Odessa!

Tiemo