Channels

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com
Sat Apr 12 03:33:05 CDT 2014

On Apr 12, 2014, at 11:02 AM, Fabian Kneubuehl <support at ysd.ch> wrote:

> Hi Ivan
>
> That sounds great. Because we use a real time GUI (changing a value on one workstation will be reflected on all clients immediately) that feature was now built around NETBIOS mail slots (no go under IPv6) or via a DB-interface (polling is a bit slow) we could use channels. Do they use TCP/IP communication?

Technically, vServer sends a TCP port number which is waiting for notification connections to the client on very first steps.
It depends on client - connect to that port or not. This port is only for listening for notifications from vServer.

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer
Paradigma Software, Inc
Valentina - The Ultra-Fast Database