Illegal symbol at "3" position.

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Fri Sep 27 13:44:46 CDT 2013

On 9/27/13 8:54 PM, "Joseph Morgan" <joseph at checkos.com> wrote:

Hi Joseph,

> I am getting this error message when adding a row to a table:
>  12:49:19 Kernel error: 0x62505. Date-time value "2013-09-27 10:47:32" is
> invalid. Illegal symbol at "3" position.
> This happens in my app and in Vstudio
>

> It will work again temporarily if I go in to vstudio and change a flag on the
> column (such as nullable). But once I exit Vstudio, the problem comes back in
> my app that I'm building.

This means that DateFormat is different that you try.

Please note, that about 3-4 years ago, we have made db engine to be more
strict.

Also was made that DateTime format is NOT saved into db file.
This is because of VSERVER.

Image that few clients around VSERVER want different formats.

So. You  need assign
        db.open
        db.DateTimeFormat = kYMD

On each open/connect.