Strange Case with LIKE

Karl Grob kgrob at mus.ch
Wed Sep 11 09:35:52 CDT 2013

I have a statement to search a list of words

w1 is titlecased ("Le%") , w2 lowercased ("le%")

----------------
  if w1 = "" then
    LCur = pufDB.SqlSelect("SELECT ** FROM wortliste")
  else

     MsgBox w1 + " / " + w2
    LCur = pufDB.SqlSelect("SELECT ** FROM wortliste WHERE fldWort LIKE '" + w1 + "' OR fldWort LIKE '" + w2 + "'")
  end if

With Client Mac OS 10 the result is correct, with Client Windows (from XP to 8!) I get only the lowercased words.
The server runs on my iMac. In have a Mac and  Windows runs from my Mac (Parallels). I checked in XP and 8: always the same.

Th Message Box shows the same result in both systems, so the statement should be correct.

I have trouble imagining what this could be.

Best regards
Karl