More on V4RB 4.8.1 apps -- about Class way

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Thu Oct 17 03:42:32 CDT 2013

On 10/15/13 8:52 PM, "Steve Albin" <steve at steve-albin.com> wrote:

> But still, for my purposes, I can't see the need to use the VTable class when
> opening the database.  Yes, for creation it is very nice but unnecessary when
> opening an existing database because Valentina knows already what the database
> looks like so I just let it tell me.  For my apps, I usually provide a
> database preloaded with some essential data that the user will not enter, so
> there is no need for an end user to create a new database.  I realize that for
> many applications, this will not work.
>
> So, I just avoid the VTable classes for database access and rely on SQL called
> within a VCursor class.  Maybe there is some function that the VTable class
> would do better than SQL, but I haven't needed it with my app.

Its okay Steve,

For now logic of choice is:

1) USE SQL way on default to be similar to other dbs,
  many books and docs are about this.

2) IF you using LOCAL engine,
 OR you have  something web-related but everything is on localhost
 then you can be okay to use Valentina as non-SQL db
 using its powerful advance API way...

3) Class-way is one more level OVER API way ..
    ... When you are lover of API style ....