Close all open databases -- VDataBase_Open()

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Mon Oct 14 09:04:56 CDT 2013

Hi everyone,

Now that I know how to execute the SHOW DATABASES query, using the script

function queryTest
    put VDatabase_SqlSelect(lDatabase,"SHOW DATABASES") into myCursor
    // put vDatabase_SqlQuery(lDatabase,"SHOW DATABASES") into myCursor
    put VCursor_RecordCount(myCursor) into myRecordCount
    put VCursor_GetRecords(myCursor,1,myRecordCount,tab,cr) into myData
    put VCursor_Destructor(myCursor) into myCursor
    return myData
end queryTest

which we discussed before, (i.e. without the syntax causing the crash),
it occurs to me that contrary what Ruslan argues no database ID's or
cursors are returned. So, the question remains:

how do I get a list of all open databases, for use in a repeat loop that
closes all databases, like so:

put valentina_openDatabases() into myOpenDatabases
repeat for each item myDatabase in myOpenDatabases
   get vDatabase_Close(myDatabase)
end repeat

(Keep in mind that I made up this syntax, there is no
valentina_openDatabases() function).

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
KvK: 50277553