Transactions, Commits and Rollbacks

Johnny Harris johnny at southshore.com
Fri Oct 11 19:54:45 CDT 2013

Hi Joseph,

Just an example would be: If I had a database that had invoices in it and I
want to delete all the records from the database
for year 1980. The invoices are stored in one table and each line item on
the invoice is stored in another table. I need to be
sure that when an invoice is deleted the line items for that invoice are
also deleted. Of course the key for each invoice is stored as a field
in the invoice items table to perform the delete on.

This is easily done with transactions, but I'm kind of clueless right now of
the best way to achieve it with Valentina.

I wonder if a delete trigger might work reliably?

Any help or ideas you may have are much appreciated.

I don't usually need this type of query often, but when this type of task is
needed it is usually deleting many records.

Thanks,

Johnny Harris