Transactions, Commits and Rollbacks

Fran=?ISO-8859-1?B?5w==?=ois Van Lerberghe frvanlerberghe at gmail.com
Fri Oct 11 10:37:50 CDT 2013

Ruslan is certainly more competent than me to comment, but AFAIK, Valentina
engine doesn't have this features. At least not completely.

Basically, when I want to update a record,
1) I make a cursor (using the class way) in write or nolock mode
    myVCursor = Vdatabase.SqlSelect(mySqlClause...)
2) update the fields values needed
    myVCursor.Field(1).value = "someValue"
3) and end issuing an update command
    myVCursor.UpdateRecord
This last command is similar to a "commit"

But when you want update multiple records/tables, this is a problem (I
think).
On the other hand, Valentina server as a journaling feature that protect you
against a failure during a complex update.

I'm really waiting this feature (see one my previous post this week).

François Van Lerberghe
Rue Thier Monty, 15 A
4570 Marchin
+32 (0)85 25 08 25