Mark comments about wiki

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Sun Oct 6 14:17:33 CDT 2013

Hi Ruslan,

As I wrote earlier, when install software, I expect to find all
essential information in the application folder and not on the website.
Surely, you can continue to argue that all information is somewhere on
the internet, but I really don't know where to start looking on the
Valentina website. Even worse: I was seriously doubting that I was
looking at the correct website.

Therefore, I recommend to include a PDF with the software that is
installed on the user's computer. The user reads the PDF, say 25 pages,
and will know everything s/he needs to start using the software and to
find more information in other places. For example, you could write a
section about how to find our way in the WIKI, which really isn't
obvious to me. Apparently, there are sections for each product, but
sometimes you need to look in a different section. WIKIs are a bad way
to provide new users with documentation and I would prefer a simple PDF.

So, the point is not that the information is not there. The point is
that I find it difficult for me to find the information I need. I'll
have a closer look at your reply later tonight. I'm sure your answers
will be useful.

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com
KvK: 50277553