NEWS From Valentina Team.

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Sat Nov 30 08:25:13 CST 2013

Hi Jon,

yes, I’m indexing by word. The cursor is already optimized for the fields I need.

The last test I did the regex search was faster than the * search. I can’t use left() because the search text can be everywhere. As far as I remember I use the regex because the * search was case sensitive.

Will do a test again.

On 30.11.2013, at 14:28, jda <jda at his.com> wrote:

> You’re indexing by word? I’ve found such searches to be far, far faster than regex searches (which is why they’re used, of course).
>
> Try a left() search for example.
>
> And if you don’t need all the fields returned in the cursor, don’t use *, name the fields you want retrieved.
>
> I only use regex when I want searches that return punctuation (i.e. string searches), and they’re considerably slower.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: The email archiving solution for professionals