[V4REV] get png

william humphrey bill at bluewatermaritime.com
Tue Nov 26 16:37:54 CST 2013

Every time I look at the V4REV_Reference I remember how much I hate
it. There is never one single complete example.

The order of fields in the cursor is the same as the order of fields
in the SELECT statement of the query.

Example:

put VTable_FieldValue( tblRef ) into value

Example:

get VTable_FieldValue( tblRef, 1, "Name" )

The above example hints that you can use a SQL query but it doesn't
show you how. Using the V4REV reference is like solving a crossword
puzzle.  And you cannot use the example stacks that come with the
V4REV install because those just crash LiveCode and they are written
so it is very very difficult to copy pieces of code out from them and
use them.

I hope that Mark Shonewille decides to write a chapter in his book on
how to work with Valentina it would be a wonderful aid and it would
help sell more copies of Valentina because people who are not genius
programmers would be able to use it.

--
http://www.bluewatermaritime.com