Re: Can't do an indexed search for a German sharp s (ß)

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Fri Nov 8 23:42:19 CST 2013

That particular query can’t work because there is no German word starting with a sharp s. When testing for a sharp s anywhere I get the opposite result: there is a result where none should be. Will do some more investigating.

On 08.11.2013, at 16:15, jda <jda at his.com> wrote:

> When I do this indexed search
>
>      select * from myTable where (left([myField], 1) = 'ß')
>
> I get no hits. Shouldn't this work (a REGEX, unindexed search works)?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: The email archiving solution for professionals