Updating the UI while converting databases to V5

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Wed Mar 27 23:53:58 CDT 2013

1+

That worked in the gone times of Carbon. In certain situations I could tell the window with the progressbar to show immediately and then to update.

In Cocoa this doesn't work. Trying to force showing a window: crash. Update window directly: crash. Show a message box: crash. Instead I tell the progressbar window to show itself, which it does - sooner or later. Sometimes a sleepcurrentthread(100) seems to help, but not always.

As soon as Valentina is doing something like reindexing the complete interface is locked down!

I haven't had time for the example, yet. Will try over Easter.

On 27.03.2013, at 22:00, jda <jda at his.com> wrote:

> Except that in my experience, the main thread pauses while Valentina does it's thing. So the progressbar never gets updated until Valentina is finished. I haven't looked at this in a while, but Beatrix has and I'm sure will comment.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: The email archiving solution for professionals