Updating the UI while converting databases to V5

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Sun Mar 24 06:06:55 CDT 2013

Nope. For Cocoa I've had to be very very extra careful in this. I've got a framework to show, hide and update the progress bar. This works at most places EXCEPT when doing some Valentina stuff like re-creating the index or reading the journal file.

I've had some customers who thought the app was "hanging" because nothing seemed to happen. Many of my customers aren't very computer savvy so this is a real problem!

On 24.03.2013, at 11:54, Ruslan Zasukhin <ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com> wrote:

> Even if you will start
>
> ThreadMain
>   progress bar
>
>   start thread 2
>            call db.open that convert some time
>
> ??
>
> I think thread2 will be busy by Valentina Task
> And thread1 will update infinite progress bar

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: The email archiving solution for professionals