WG: Re: Updating the UI while converting databases to V5

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sun Mar 24 06:00:58 CDT 2013

On 3/21/13 11:39 AM, "Beatrix Willius" <beatrix.willius at de.opel.com> wrote:

> Can't find my GMX password right now so I can't post to the mailing list.

What is GMX password?

I think I can admin list to set you new password or something like this

> This doesn't work AT ALL. As soon as Valentina is doing something like
> updating to a new format or adding an index the interface is totally
> blocked. I do everything in a thread. And I can't even show a window with
> a progress bar. Let alone have some animation in the progress bar.
>
> I complained about this several times before.

I just answered to list.

Once again.

You want say that if thread2  executes Valentina task

Then thread 1, which is not related to plugin calls cannot update GUI ????
How this can be ???

======
Well,

I know that RB have internal threading based on cooperative.
I know that plugin SDK have yield() fucntion.
But we could call it from plugin, but not from vkernel, because vkernel
don't know anything about REALbasic.

In theory we could provide callback, but then we need do many job and insert
calls of this callback into all such places ... And this will be needed only
for RB...