Updating the UI while converting databases to V5

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Tue Mar 19 12:57:24 CDT 2013

That has been on my wish list for a long while.

For now I'm brutally showing a messagebox. Don't you use Realstudio, too? There is something new called ShowModalThreadSafeMBS, which works for messagedialogs in threads. Without this there would be a nice crash in Cocoa.

On 19.03.2013, at 17:52, jda <jda at his.com> wrote:

>> Hi Ruslan,
>>
>> i'm getting feedback from users whose dbs are being converted from 4.x to 5.x. It can take quite some time for large databases (minutes), and when the spinning wheel cursor appears they think my app has hung and force-quit. How can I put up a dialog that  shows the update is still working (e.g. a barber pole control)?
>>

> Actually, a lot of that time may be spent in cloning (I clone a copy of the database before letting Valentina update it). The question still is -- how to manage the UI while cloning/updating a database so the user doesn't think it has hung?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: The email archiving solution for professionals