Reports with query parameters

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sun Mar 10 15:43:01 CDT 2013

On 3/10/13 9:55 PM, "Arndt Weinmann" <arndt.weinmann at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have different reports. I would like to use single query for all reports.
> This would be feasible, if I could set the parameters from within the report.

I do not catch why parameter should come from report.

> e.g.
> select * from trials where status=$P(trial_status)
>
> I would like to set trial_status to like RECRUITING or FINISHED to create the
> reports.

So reports for RECRUITING and FINISHED will have different layout?

=======
Let me try to explain as I see it.

EXISTS TWO main STEPS

1) design reports in VSTUDIO
2) USAGE of them in e.g. REALbasic/PHP code

========
1) When you design in Vstudio, you use some TEST db
And you can use some TEST queries stored in projects,
Just because to see some preview you need have that
  TEST DB + TEST QUERY,

BUT

2) WHEN you work from RB code,
You will send QUERIES from your CODE,
And that queries stored in project will NOT be used actually.

AND you RB app will use most probably OTHER databases.
Same report can use data from mySQL and Postgre and Valentina DB.

So in your RB code, you can define different queries for same report.
Usually will differ only  WHERE part. Exactly as you want.

Dim q1, q2 as string
q1 = "select * from trials where status= 'RECRUITING'"
q2 = "select * from trials where status= ' FINISHED '"

 res1 = proj.MakeNewReport( "report1", q1 )

 res2 = proj.MakeNewReport( "report1", q2 )

 res3 = proj.MakeNewReport( "report2", q2 )