Valentina 5

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Thu Mar 7 15:35:13 CST 2013

>> Hi Jon,
>>
>>> I'm thinking of upgrading my app to V5. My questions are:
>>>
>>> 1. Can you normalize unicode in V5? And will it pass the Mac App Store
>>> restrictions on using a private API?
>>
>> We have made runtime check of OS version
>> To choose if enable this feature.
>> So yes.
>>
>> Details was in BLOG article I think ... Few months ago.
>>

> Hi Ruslan,
>
> That means it must be removed from the binary if the target is the MAS? Do you
> have a link to the article you mentioned? I can't find it.

Hmm, cannot find it in 5 sec
And cannot find letters on this list.

I think for Frank Lemke,
We did that.

Story is:

We DO NOT link directly now.

Instead we have write special code, which check OS version,
And if it is 10.7 then ask from ICU DLL for pointer on that func.

For old OS, we ask ICU give other OLD name of that func,

So code is able work with both versions of ICU.
And decision is made at runtime.