Meaning of the error "Value was not prepared for Update"

Ivan Smahin ivan_smahin at paradigmasoft.com
Tue Jun 18 02:21:34 CDT 2013

On Jun 17, 2013, at 1:11 PM, François Van Lerberghe <frvanlerberghe at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Tomorrox I have had error # 8050E : "Field "xxx" : value was not prepared
> for Update".
> This error occur after another one (# 23503 : "Attempt to insert duplicate
> key row in object "xxx" with unique index "zzz"), resulting of an action
> where I attemp to add a duplicate value in a field having unique attribute
> set. Following this first error, I have tried to update a record in the
> table and got this second (# 8050E).
>
> Can someone explain me the exact meaning of that second error and what I can
> do to solve/avoid it.

Obviously, after failed "add record" internal field state prevents using current values for "update".
But I can not reproduce it in the test.
Can you tell me how do you get it in detail, table structure and so on?
V4RB version you are using?

As workaround you should repeat your FillRecord step - just before calling Update.

Ivan Smahin
Senior Software Engineer
Paradigma Software, Inc
Valentina - The Ultra-Fast Database