Reporting Questions

Sergey Pashkov sergey_pashkov at valentina-db.com
Sat Jun 8 14:45:04 CDT 2013

Hello, Mike

> 4) I see that VS can output my reports to HTML. OK…how? Of equal importance, once I have the HTML, I'd like to put them into an email that I can send out to everyone. Is the last part something I'm going to have to do in my development tool that I'm writing the primary part of my app in?

From VStudio you can Preview a report and then do Export->HTML.

From your application, using appropriate Valentina ADK:
1. you open vsp project
2. call MakeNewReport method
3. PrintToBuffer, passing desired format (HTML, PDF, etc, …).

But generated HTML can't be sent as HTML email, just as attachment for now.
HTML emails has restrictions on markup, we'll try to improve it in the future.

Also, you can send emails right from Valentina engine, using VSQL command __MAIL.
And it is possible to generate report and send it via mail, using this command.

Sergey Pashkov.