Reporting Questions

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sat Jun 8 14:37:06 CDT 2013

On 6/8/13 9:56 PM, "Mike Kerner" <MikeKerner at roadrunner.com> wrote:

> 2) How do I pass parameters to the report? I'm trying to build an inventory
> report, which has data from a variety of dates, but I might only want the data
> from one date.

Points.

* you develop some report using some TEST db, e.g. mySQL

Later

* you can use this report from your app with OTHER databases.
   this can be even other kind of db, e.g. Postgre or Lite.

* for report the only important to get cursor with same number of fields,
 and same NAMES of fields.

* in app you will use for report SQL queries that have similar SELECT part,
But different WHERE part to see these or that records.

SELECT f1, f2, f3
FROM T
WHERE fldDate = 'dddddd'