Reporting Questions

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Sat Jun 8 13:56:35 CDT 2013

Hey guys, I'm a total noob with vStudio. I tried to find answers to these
questions in the wiki, but I didn't, so if the answers ARE in the wiki,
sorry for repeating them here.

I've been trying to create a couple of reports in VStudio, but I don't
understand:

1) How the heck to I run the reports after I've created them? I can preview
them in vStudio, but how do I go about actually firing them off?
2) How do I pass parameters to the report? I'm trying to build an inventory
report, which has data from a variety of dates, but I might only want the
data from one date.
3) I have several tables that go together for this report with 1:n and n:n
relationships. The only way I can figure out how to build this report so
far is to use three sub reports. Is that what I should be doing, or
can/should I build a temporary table in a query and then report on that? If
so, how does VS see that table so that it can handle the layout?
4) I see that VS can output my reports to HTML. OK…how? Of equal
importance, once I have the HTML, I'd like to put them into an email that I
can send out to everyone. Is the last part something I'm going to have to
do in my development tool that I'm writing the primary part of my app in?