importing from binaryStream into BLOB field

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Tue Jul 23 11:38:28 CDT 2013

Hi Franco,

thanks for your explanations.

Blob size shouldn't affect anything. I'm using ReadData myself.

I don't see anything at first glance wrong with your code. Have you tried 2 things:

- Have you looked at the data before and after any conversion? How does the data look in the database? Is the string okay but perhaps only the memoryblock not?
- Have you tried with more simple data? Perhaps one byte instead of thousands.

On 23.07.2013, at 17:22, Franco Vaccari <vaccari at units.it> wrote:

> I'm banging my head on the wall since two days on this. ReadData and ReadRawData (what's the difference?) return a string, and that string is written to the memoryblock, so I suspect encodings could play a role. I'm reading just numbers, so I expect that ASCII would do it. I tried converting into UTF16, before writing to BLOB, and back to ASCII after reading but nothing changed. Tried several combinations, no success.
>
> Could the BLOB segment size influence this? I create that with
>
> fldSeisSamples = tblSeismograms.CreateBLOBField("seisSamples",1024)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: The email archiving solution for professionals