importing from binaryStream into BLOB field

Beatrix Willius bwillius at gmx.de
Tue Jul 23 09:08:22 CDT 2013

The code looks ultra complicated. Is there a reason why you can't use simply read and write for some bytes?

And no, there shouldn't be any encoding trouble for raw data or memoryblocks. The encoding should be nil. I'm using a Blob for saving text exactly for this reason.

Can you give us more details about what you write and what you get?

On 23.07.2013, at 13:15, Franco Vaccari <vaccari at units.it> wrote:

> I suppose it might be a problem of encodings, as I believe the memoryBlock is read/written as a string, although I guessed that using WriteRawData and ReadRawData should free me from the encodings trouble. I tried playing with convertEncoding when reading/writing the memoryBlock, with no improvements.
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> What is the difference between ReadData and ReadRawData, (and Write as well)? I can't find ReadRawData in the Wiki, but it autocompletes in Xojo for the BlobField…
>
> Is there a better way to clone the sequence of bytes of the file I'm reading, and store it in the BLOB field?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen/Regards

Trixi Willius

http://www.mothsoftware.com
Mail Archiver X: The email archiving solution for professionals