Report font on linux server

Jay Madren jay at jaymadren.com
Thu Jul 18 10:34:35 CDT 2013

I have developed a report on my Mac and have deployed it in Xojo Web
Edition on an Amazon EC2 Ubuntu server. The report outputs to a PDF. When
the report is run on the server, the font doesn't match what I see when I
designed the report on my Mac, or when running the report locally on my Mac.

Seeing that the report was using the "system default" font, I changed it to
Arial, and made sure I have Arial installed on the server. It didn't make
any difference. I thought the report may be trying to use the "liberation"
font on the server instead of Arial, so I uninstalled the liberation fonts
and all other fonts except the Microsoft TrueType core fonts. But the
report still uses some unknown font that doesn't look good.

How can I get the report on the server to use the same font that I designed
it with? Or at least get it to use a font that looks better than what it
currently uses?

Jay