Crash with V4REV

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Thu Jan 10 07:20:01 CST 2013

On 1/10/13 12:11 PM, "Tiemo Hollmann TB" <toolbook at kestner.de> wrote:

Hi Tiemo,

> Happy New Year to all (I think you still can say this on Jan. 10th)

Happy New Year! :-)

> From time to time I have customers, where my LiveCode program, which runs
> since 3 years crashes, just when opening my Valentina db.

So we talking mostly about WIN XP SP3,
And version 4.9.1 ?

What happens after that crash?
User can run app again and db opens fine?  Or else ?

========
> As I posted earlier (02.02.2012) my db is read only, so no changes can be
> made. I don¹t get a Valentina crash log, because it crashes before I can set
> the log option, right at start.

This sounds strange.
Because

  Valentina.Init()
  Valentina.SetDebugLog()

And only after this
   db = new Vdatabase
   db.open()

Log should exists already ...

If it crashes BEFORE, then this crash is not related to Valentina engine ?

> Most (or all, as far as I remember) computers
> have Win XP, SP3. I don¹t find any relevant informations in the windows event
> logs beside of that the program crashed and some memory addresses. I tried to
> switch off the anti virus, start with an Admin, etc.

> It is no general fault, very seldom, but at those customers where it happens,
> for them it is a 100% fault and up to now I couldn¹t find any solution. They
> can¹t use my program and tell others what piece of shit I am selling. Not nice
> to handle these customers.

So they absolutely cannot open that db any more ?

Have you try get such db into own hands?
Can you then open it in Vstudio?
Diagnose it?

May be trash .ind file ?