Valentina crash when using one .localName setting with another system locale

jda jda at his.com
Tue Apr 16 07:37:28 CDT 2013

On Apr 16, 2013, at 7:06 AM, Ruslan Zasukhin wrote:

> On 4/16/13 12:10 AM, "jda" <jda at his.com> wrote:
>
>> Unfortunately, no, I can't. I did find another place in my project that
>> crashed for a similar reason (using a RAM-based db and setting localename to
>> en_US and running it on a Mac set to use UK settings). But I couldn't
>> reproduce it with the simple Database_Ram example.
>
> Hi Jon,
>
> Please read this page wiki
>
> <http://www.valentina-db.com/docs/dokuwiki/v5/doku.php?id=valentina:products
> :vstudio:help:schema_editor:property_inspector:collation_settings>
>
> And check in Vstudio  if your tables/fields have suhc OWN   collation
> settings.

Hi  Ruslan,

The same code has been in my app for ages. There was no assignment of an collation settings other than the one I mentioned. Assigning a US English localename and running on a UK system just starting causing a crash in 5.x. And I use .localename elsewhere with no problems.

I can't use VStudio to look at the db, it's RAM-based.

Ivan has contacted me, I'll follow up off-list with him.

Thanks,

Jon