Question to French people about 'Œuvres' and ' Oeuvres'

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Fri Oct 26 14:39:51 CDT 2012

Hi Guys,

I did work on this bug report
    http://www.valentina-db.com/bt/view.php?id=5780

And finally come to understanding that issues comes from very special case:
  these two French words  'Œuvres'  and 'Oeuvres'

Are the same.  ICU collators says they are equal.

But they have different length. 6 and 7 chars.
So our guess in code that we can compare at first lengths was wrong.

=======
I have correct this, and original query works now...

INTO index is stored only one of forms (the first added).
Later,   StartWith( ' Oeuvres', 7  )  gives correct answer.

I have decide to check symmetric case:
      StartWith( 'Œuvres', 6  )

And this not works :-(
If into index page stored  Oeuvres  - 7 chars

=======
So I have come to idea ...
    May be these two words are very special case in French?

May be  one word can be transformed into another one?

But I have try do normalization() of unicode string
No changes. Word 'Œuvres' is not transformed.

Any points ?