updating database in different location

william humphrey bill at bluewatermaritime.com
Thu May 31 20:31:10 CDT 2012

Is there a way to merge to different databases with SQL? One database has
new data and the other has different new data and I'd like to merge that
data.

Maybe it would be less of a problem if I have one database which we export
with SQL everything new after a certain date and then import that into the
other database (ignoring any changes in that database) and just adding the
new data on at the end. Is this something that can be done without risking
corrupting of data and all the indexes and links?

The problem is the lack of internet connection in the other location.