New Real.Studio pricing

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Mon May 28 12:51:58 CDT 2012

> I just read about the new "improved" pricing of Real.Studio
> at http://www.bkeeneybriefs.com/2012/05/real-studio-now-free/
>
> Will I need a "Database Servers" license or will I be able to
> use Valentina as usual without this license part?

Hi Trixi,

This new model begins with RB 2012 Release 2. The version on their site is
currently still at 2011.

Previously, REAL had the REALDB API, which was possible to use with
Valentina, but not recommended by us, because of performance issues. Also,
since we could provide superior integration with REALbasic ourselves, why
would we?

So the question really is will REAL restructure how third party plugins work
with REAL Studio. If they are simply moving the RBDB API system over to this
add-on, then it shouldn't affect us at all.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Paradigma Software