CRASH with V4RB 4.9.1, local, mac and windows

Christian - ChrisKatDev.com christian at chriskatdev.com
Thu May 24 13:58:32 CDT 2012

Le 24 mai 2012 à 16:22, Ivan Smahin a écrit :

> On May 24, 2012, at 5:14 PM, Christian - ChrisKatDev.com wrote:
>
>> Ivan,, Ruslan,
>>
>> this is the code for the corrupted field
>> do you see a problem or other ?
>> I have two custumers with the problem on same field (one on mac, one on pc)
>>
>>         Dim ch As VText
>>         ch = tTable.CreateTextField ("ContentText", 2048, EVFlag.fNullable + EVFlag.fCompressed)
>>         ch.CollationAttribute (EVColAttribute.kStrength) = EVColAttributeValue.kTertiary
>>    	tTable.flush
>>     	pDB.flush
>
> tTable.Flush is really redundant since you do db.flush a moment later.
>
>>     	tTable.setBlank
>>

> This call is about to "blank" all the fields in the table. That means every field is assigned with either default value (if defined), sql-null value (if nullable field) or zero/empty value.

do this can create a database that corrupts then?
ps: the database is encrypted

> Usually you do something like this one:
>
> tbl.SetBlank
>
> f1.Value = 10
> f2.Value = 'some string'
>
> tbl.AddRecord
>

> SetBlank without following AddRecord is ridiculous call.

I've had setBlank because I have a cursor with "memory"
example : you addRecords, you change of methods, you make a select and I have a cursor with last records in results... it's a strange problem of "remanence"
same remanence with DELETE...

> Can you send all the code?

The project is big...

Christian