Registered DBs ... NEW in b30 ->

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Sun May 20 11:30:04 CDT 2012

On 5/20/12 11:32 AM, "Robert Brenstein" <rjb at robelko.com> wrote:

> On 17.05.2012 at 18:54 Uhr +0300 Ruslan Zasukhin apparently wrote:
>>
>> Another way:
>>
>> USE MASTER;
>> SELECT * FROM xxxx
>>
>> Xxxx -- replace to name of table, which keep info about dbs.
>> Check it by vstudio
>>

> Will this return all databases or only databases that the user has access to?

This returns only REGISTERED dbs of course,
because we query MASTER db.

But good news, so I CC to beta list:

* we have improve VSERVER,
  so now it can show NOT - REGISTERED databases that are located in the
  folder 'databases'  with the help of command
     SHOW DATABASES

This command now returns one more column for this.

* and we are improving Valentina Studio now, so it will be able show such
not registered DBs with a special icon ... And of course contextual menu
will have "REGSITER DATABASES"

Thanks to William Humphrey for this push of us to SIMPLIFY life for
developers :)