Real WebEdition and Valentina

Ruslan Zasukhin ruslan_zasukhin at valentina-db.com
Wed May 9 02:22:29 CDT 2012

On 5/7/12 7:06 PM, "Beatrix Willius" <bwillius at gmx.de> wrote:

Hi Beatrix,

> I want to use the WebEdition for a single user as sort of cloud alternative.
> As single user he/she will access the db via WE with read. The question is
> what happens if he tries to read from 2 computers at the same time. For
> instance, if the family has access to the computer. Might not happen too
> often.
>
> A server version will be for companies. This will be strictly single user so
> that the user can access his mails everywhere without having to rely on the
> cloud, which may not be legal for everybody in every country.
>
> Do I make sense?

I do not know exactly how RB.app works on server side ...

I assume this is just console app
With V4RB + VKERNEL installed inside
This app listens N sockets as I have see
May be uses N threads ...

Then you will need use VCursor for each thread to make sure that record
locks are in game ...

Also you need use gValentinaMutex to mutex access to vengine from different
threads ...