VRev ADK + Val Studio = Best Practice

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Wed May 2 21:22:23 CDT 2012

Every now and then I get involved into a small project involving Valentina
ADK & Revolution (LiveCode) so it normally takes me a little time to get
the mind back up to speed.

I just wish to confirm that the following is necessary:

I regularly hit a snag where Val returns an Error code.

To isolate whether it is a Val, Rev or more likely my code I start up Val
Studio and enter the appropriate command there.

To do that, as the ADK is a single instance, I need to Quit Rev, Start
Studio, do my thing, then Quit Studio and Start Rev all over again.

Am I wasting time here?

I've tried issuing a closeCard command which contains
VDatabase_Close(DbRef) and valentina_shutdown() commands, but that doesn't
work. I've tried 'Close and Remove from memory" but that doesn't work - I
assume as the Rev IDE is still running the Val extension is still loaded?

I've tried de-selecting the DB in Studio but that doesn't work.

Unless I Quit one, before I start the other, one will typically crash -
usually Rev.

So  is there a trick to keeping both Studio and the Rev IDE running or must
I always Quit one to work with the other?

Thanks